Rentals in Bolzano, IT?

• Hello Frozen Backside! I'm a U.S. carver that will be visiting Europe over Christmas. I'll be staying and riding in the Seis am Schlern area in the South Tyrol for about a week.

I'm wondering about renting an alpine board while I'm there. I will bring my own boots and bindings, but don't want to travel with a board. Does anyone know if it will be possible to rent an alpine board in Bolzano, or anywhere else in the area? Ideally, I would like a titanal freecarve board in the 165-175 cm range, but a GS board and fiberglass rather than metal would also be OK.

I'm also considering buying an old / cheap board to use while I'm there, and have been watching eBay.de, but it's still a little early: I won't be there for 6 more weeks.

Thanks for your suggestions!

• Hi Dan, there is a distributor of Virus Snowboards in Corvara.

ITALY
    NEXUS SRL
    Via Colt Alt 90
    I-39033 Corvara in Badia
    Tel. 0039 0471 836933
    I think he could help.

Bernd

Stell dir vor du möchtest dich geistig duellieren - mit Schreck wirst du feststellen, dass viele deiner Gegner unbewaffnet sind.

• Hi Dan,

first of all, welcome to this Forum!
    For rentals in Italy, you should check out Rabanser snowboards: http://www.rabansersnowboards.com/
    On their homepage a few "testcenters" are mentioned. You can for sure arrange something.

Cheers

Peter

Boards: Black Pearl 183, SG Full Race 185&163, Coiler VSR 173
    Bindung: F2 Race Ti
    Boots: Deeluxe T700

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Peti (5. November 2013 um 09:24)

• Danke sehr, Bernd and Peter! I will contact both Virus and Rabanser and see what I can arrange. By U.S. standards, both brands are extremely exotic, kind of like going on vacation and renting a Ferrari, so I'd be delighted to get a week of riding either one.

• Hello Dan,

welcome in the german forum of hardbootriders.
    virus is not really exotic in germany, but the compare to ferrari is a bit applicable, because of the price of some boards. But their price range is from 700 up to 2500 Euro. Depends what you like. you can have an overview on https://www.frozen-backside.de/www.virus-snowboards.de.
    IF you can find a hardbootrider in the alps (germany/austria) the chance is not bad to see him/her on a virus.

rabanser is an italy brand, hardly seen in germany.

generally its not easy to find a alpineboard rental in the whole alps! only few shops! why dont you bring your own board from the us? should be possible and affordable.
    what brand do u ride at home? donek?

God has invented snow, water and wind! :freu: Thanks a lot :thumbup:

• Hi toohappy,

To be clear, in the U.S., we know Virus as a premium brand: high performance and cost to match. But they're pretty rare here, I don't think I've seen more than a handful in person. The European brands that we see the most in the U.S. are Kessler, SG, and probably F2. I don't think I've ever seen a Rabanser board in the U.S., either in a shop or at a resort (or on Bomber, more to the point).

I thought about bringing my own board for this vacation, but we're spending 1 week riding and 1 week doing tourism by train: I don't want to carry my snowboard around Europe on trains for a week. Also, I found that the airline will let me check a snowboard for free, but they assume no liability: if it's damaged during the flight, they won't pay for it. So, I thought I'd rather rent something or even buy something cheap in Europe. It's easier all around. In the U.S., you can't rent alpine boards anywhere (maybe 2 or 3 places in the whole country), so I'm lucky that there are any rental shops at all. :thumbup:

My primary boards here are a Coiler Mini Monster (182 cm, metal) that I use for good carving days and a Prior 4WD (169 cm, fiberglass) for mixed conditions. I've done a demo of a Donek metal FC board, and I thought it was fantastic, but I haven't bought one yet. I also have a few other boards for soft conditions: Original Sin 3800 and 4807, an Arbor freeride board, a Voile split board, etc. I have a lot of room in my basement for snowboards :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!